Updated: Dec 14, 2018
The Perth Cricket Association (PCA) is holding a special general meeting, as required by Clause 34.2 of the PCA constitution, at 6.30pm on Monday 14 January 2019 at the Leederville Cricket Club.
The special resolutions that the special general meeting will be asked to consider are -
· Whether the PCA Member Clubs support or don’t support the proposed merger of the PCA and the Swan Helena District Cricket Association (SHDCA).
· If the proposed merger is agreed, whether the PCA Member Clubs support or don’t support the proposed name of the new Association, ie Perth Swan Cricket Association, or wish to propose a different name.
· If the proposed merger is agreed by the PCA Member Clubs and the SHDCA Member Clubs (at their separate meeting), whether the Member Clubs of the PCA support or don’t support the proposal that the new entity’s rules/By Laws will be developed, for comment by the Member Clubs of the PCA, by a working party made up of PCA and SHDCA Executive members or whether they wish to propose a different approach.
If the President or Secretary of a PCA member Club cannot attend the meeting there are 2 options to get your vote recorded -
A PCA member club can send an appointed Club Delegate to the meeting to vote on the special resolutions. This Appointed Delegate must be nominated via email to the PCA Executive Officer prior to the meeting.Under Clause 24 of the PCA Constitution, PCA Member Clubs may appoint in writing another member who is a natural person to be the proxy of the appointing member to attend and vote on behalf of the appointing member. This appointment must be made via email to the PCA Executive Officer prior to the meeting.
Please note - the emails required by points 1 and 2 above must come from the recognised email address of the President or Secretary registered with the PCA.
After the special general meeting has been finalised, and if the proposed merger is agreed, the PCA Executive will discuss with the PCA Member Clubs:
· their preference to the Grading options (1 or 2) which was previously presented to the Member Clubs (copy attached). This discussion is to only gauge a preference and will not be a binding when the new amalgamated entity develop their 2019/20 Gradings.
· The travel to/from each club in the SHDCA document that has been developed
· Any other Amalgamation matters that the PCA Member Clubs wish to discuss.
If you have any queries about these matter, please contact me.
Regards Paul Lohmann
Executive Officer PCA
Note: please click this link https://www.perthcricketassociation.com/copy-of-home-3
to access the powerpoint presentation and .pdf files on current travel times. They are the last two documents added.